Rabu, 7 April 2010


Limbang is a border town and the capital of Limbang District in the Limbnag Division of northern Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the island of Borneo. The division has an area 3,978.1
square kilometres, and a population (year 2000 census) of 42,600. Limbang was annexed by Charles Anthoni Johnson Brooke, the second Rajah of Sarawak in 1890 from Brunei to become the fifth division of Sarawak. The annexation was stongly disputed by Brunei.
Limbang is located on the banks of the Limbang River (Sungai Limbang in Malay), between the two halves of Brunei. It is a 30 minutes speedboat ride or at least a two hour drive (depending on how busy Customs/Immigration Checkpoint is) to Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei.